Top 3 Air Purifiers For Mould In The Market
PureMate Review – Our Number 1
This PureMate air purifier comes with an inbuilt HEPA filter and can effectively remove and destroy mould particles. Read on to discover more (CHECK PRICE!).
- The PureMate’s 99.97% effective HEPA filter is great for filtering out dust, pollens and mould spores.
- This air purifier has a low setting option which runs very quietly, so this air purifier can be used at any time of the day or night without waking the household up.
- This PureMate device is complete with a digital display that is easy to use and navigate. It also includes an optional ioniser that is effective at removing viruses and harmful particles. Ionisers use negative ions to attach to and trap airborne bacteria, viruses and particles, and they have been known to stop the spread of disease.
- The purifier has a smoke CADR of 110, a pollen CADR of 120 and a dust CADR of 126.
- This PureMate air purifier also utilises a UV-C light which can help fight off bacteria and mould spores. It also features an activated carbon filter, and as carbon filters are ideal for removing smoke and unpleasant odours they are always a good feature to have.
- The PureMate Multiple Technologies purifier will remind you when you have to replace its filter or UV-C bulb by simply blinking at you.
- This is a fairly large air purifier (22 inches tall) and is best suited for medium and large sized rooms.
- This product comes with a 2 year warranty, so you are protected against accidental or manufacture damages.
Features: 99.97% effective HEPA filter – Quiet setting – Digital display – Optional ioniser – UV-C light – Suitable for medium & large rooms – 2 year warranty.
Breathe Fresh 3-In-1 Review – Number 2
- This air purifier comes with a True HEPA filter, which has been proven to capture 99.97% of airborne allergens. The Breathe Fresh 3-In-1 can run 24 hours a day if desired, so it will be protecting your lungs even as you sleep.
- The Breathe Fresh 3-In-1 can be used in rooms that are up to 56 CM in size, and so it is perfect for medium and small size rooms.
- This air purifier comes with a UV-C Light, which uses UV technology to help catch and kill bacteria, viruses and mould spores.
- This product comes with an activated carbon filter, which is essential for removing the bad smells that come from cooking, pets and smoking.
- This product comes with a 2 year warranty, so you are protected against accidental damages and can be secure in the knowledge that this air purifier was built to last.
- The Breathe Fresh 3-In-1 Cleaning Purifier also comes with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee, so if you are not totally satisfied with it you can return it for a full refund within 30 days.
Features: HEPA filter – Great for small & medium spaces – UV technology – Activated carbon filter – 2 year warranty
Breathe Fresh Review – Number 3
- This Breathe Fresh purifier only uses 4 watts of electricity and has an extra quiet design, so you will save on energy bills and not have to worry about the purifier keeping you awake.
- This purifier is also cost effective because it does not require you to change and replace its filters.
- The Breathe Fresh Purifier uses an ioniser to produce negative ions and remove particles, viruses and mould spores.
- Breathe Fresh harnesses UV-C technology which utilises ultra violet rays to kill airborne bacteria.
- Although ozone is a concern with most ionisers this product produces 15/mg an hour, which is within the safety recommendations.
- This product comes with a carbon filter that can help extract bad smells, and it can also help reduce the airborne pollutants which can have a negative impact on your lungs.
- The purifier is remarkably silent most of the time and can therefore be used during the night. It also comes with an optional night light which can be switched on or off as required.
- Breathe Fresh comes with an unconditional satisfaction guarantee, so if you are not totally satisfied with the product you can get your money back any time within 30 days.
Features: Inbuilt ioniser – UV-C technology – Low ozone production – Carbon filter – Silent running – 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
All of these products are effective at removing mould spores and helping you breathe easily, but the top spot still goes to the PureMate Multiple Technologies True HEPA Air Purifier and Ioniser with UV-C and Odor Reduction – 22 Inch. This purifier includes a fully function HEPA filter, it is quiet and easy to use, it has high CADR scores, it uses UV-C technology with carbon filtering to help the HEPA filter run more effectively, and it comes with a 2 year warranty.
Most houses will experience a bit of mould at times and unfortunately mould and damp can have a significant impact on your health. Not only is mould likely to aggravate existing conditions like asthma, but it can also effect even a healthy immune system and cause respiratory problems.
Mould can produce its own allergens, and inhaling mould spores can cause an allergic reaction and/or an asthma attack. Mould can effect everyone, but it is more dangerous for young children and babies, people with existing health conditions such as respiratory problems or a weak immune system, and the elderly.
Things to look out for when buying an air purifier for mould
Air purifiers can help remove mould particles and thus reduce the risk of health problems, because air purifiers will typically cleanse the air around them and capture allergens and irritants. If you are buying an air filter specifically to counter the health effects of mould and damp, you should always check the CADR rating. CADR (clean air delivery rate) measures how much air the purifier can cleanse within one minute by using cubic feet to measure the room. A higher CADR rating means that the air purifier can clean more air at a faster rate.
It is also always worth buying an air purifier that comes with a HEPA filter particularly if your main concern is mould. HEPA filters have been proven to capture 99.97% of particles that are over 0.3 micron in size, and as most mould particles are larger than 0.3 micron a HEPA filter should be able to successfully remove the majority of them.
Please keep in mind that although air purifiers can remove airborne mould particles, and although they can help stop new mould from forming, an air purifier on its own is not going to remove existing, physical mould from your walls. The first thing you should do when you discover mould is get it removed. After that you can invest in an air purifier.
Let’s move on to our top 3 list and reviews of the best air purifiers for tackling mould!